Centaur Nomad Medium Monstrous Humanoid (quadruped) (14 RP) Racial Traits Ability Score Racial Traits: Greater Paragon: +4 Str, +2 Con, -2 Dex, -2 Cha (2 RP) Type: Monstrous humanoid with the quadruped subtype. (3 RP) Darkvision: Nomad Centaurs have darkvision and so can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. (0 RP) Size: Centaur Nomads can choose either small or medium (see below): (0 RP) Small creatures … Continue reading Homebrew Spotlight: Centaur Nomad
For today’s post, I decided to use an already created race that fits perfectly in my world. They didn’t naturally evolve on Aquatica but were forcibly evolved by the Atlantean biomancers (probably from a froglike progenitor).
Finding the Path – Star Wars Races
Did you ever see a race in a science fiction or fantasy film that you wanted to play, but never had the stats for? Did you ever want to see your favorite film species in your game of Pathfinder?
Well look no further, today, I give you a new race from the Star Wars Saga, best explained by the following quote:
That’s right, the Gungans are here!
Gungans are an amphibious sentient species and native to various swamps. The various different Gungan races can live on both water and land, but often make their home in underwater cities, that awe those coming from the outside. Physically, Gungans were tall humanoids with a flexible structure, strong leg muscles, strong bills, muscular tongues, and many other traits designed for living in watery environments.
The Gungans have a tense and uneasy relationship with the other humanoid species, especially humans, as they have been at war with them in the past. Now, they have an envoy by the name of Binks serving at an embassy in a nearby human kingdom.
Gungans are a sentient amphibious species, though some would dispute this claim after having met Envoy Binks. Some, in fact, claim that he was sent to allay suspicion and that he’s part of a clever cover-up designed to make humans underestimate the Gungans. Generally, both subspecies are tall humanoids with a flexible structure and strong leg muscles allowing them to become the predominant underwater species in the areas where they choose to live.
There are two Gungan races: the lanky Otolla, who sport prominent bills and eyes set on short stalks, and the heavier Ankura, whose eyes are hooded. The Gungan earlobes, called haillu, were most prominent in the Otolla. These earlobes displayed their emotions.
Below you’ll find the rules for adding these races to your game, as well as the rules for their racial mount, the Kaadu. Please note that both types of Gungans come up to 11 Racial Points (RP) as per the guide in the Advanced Player’s Guide, meaning that they are on roughly the same power level as the races presented in the Core Rulebook.
Otolla Gungan (11 RP)
- +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Wis. (1 RP) Otolla Gungans are flexible and hardy, but they tend to be gullible.
- Type (0 RP): Otolla Gungans are humanoids with the Gungan subtype.
- Size (0 RP): Otolla Gungans are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed (1 RP) Otolla Gungans have a base speed of 30 feet on land. They also have a swim speed of 40 feet, can move in water without making Swim checks, and always treat Swim as a class skill.
- Darkvision (2 RP): Otolla gungans can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Amphibious (2 RP): Otolla gungans are amphibious and can breathe both air and water.
- Jumper (2 RP): Due to the strength of their legs, Otolla gungans are always considered to have a running start when making Acrobatics checks to jump.
- Powerful Swimmer (1 RP): Otolla gungans have strong legs and are excellent swimmers. As such, they receive a +10 foot bonus to their swim speed. (Included in the base speed above).
- Sticky Tongue (2 RP): Otolla gungans have long sticky tongues, and they can make melee attacks with them. This is a secondary attack. A creature hit by this attack cannot move more than 5 feet away from the attacker and takes a –2 penalty to AC as long as the tongue is attached (this penalty does not stack if multiple tongues are attached). The tongue can be removed by the target or an adjacent ally by making an opposed Strength check against the attacking creature as a standard action or by dealing 2 points of damage to the tongue (AC 11, damage does not reduce the sticky-tongued creature’s hit points). Otolla gungans cannot move more than 10 feet away from a creature stuck to its tongue, but it can release its tongue from the target as a free action. A member of this race can only have one creature attached to its tongue at a time.
Ankura Gungan (11 RP)
- +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Cha. (1 RP) Ankura gungans are strong and hardy, but they tend to be grouchy and disagreeable.
- Type (0 RP): Ankura gungans are humanoids with the Gungan subtype.
- Size (0 RP): Ankura gungans are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow and Steady (1 RP) Ankura gungans have a base speed of 20 feet on land. They also have a swim speed of 30 feet, can move in water without making Swim checks, and always treat Swim as a class skill. They are never encumbered by armor on land and only encumbered in water if wearing medium or heavy armor.
- Darkvision (2 RP): Ankura gungans can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Amphibious (2 RP): Ankura gungans are amphibious and can breathe both air and water.
- Powerful Swimmer (1 RP): Ankura gungans have strong legs and are excellent swimmers. As such, they receive a +10 foot bonus to their swim speed. (Included in the base speed above).
- Terrifying Croak (2 RP): Once per hour as a standard action, an Ankura Gungan can emit a thunderous croak. Any non-Gungan must make a successful Will saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the user’s character level + the user’s Charisma modifier) or become shaken for 1d4 rounds. A target that successfully saves cannot be affected by the user’s terrifying croak for 24 hours. Creatures that are already shaken become frightened for 1d4 rounds instead. This is a sonic, mind-affecting effect.
- Warrior Culture (2 RP): The Ankura gungans are known as terrifying warriors, and once per day, the Ankura Gungan takes damage, it flies into a frenzy for 1 minute, gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength, but a –2 penalty to AC.
Related LinksContinue reading “Homebrew Spotlight: Gungan”
Lizardfolk Medium Humanoid (amphibious, humanoid, reptilian) (14 RP) Racial Traits Specialized: +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha (1 RP) Humanoid (reptilian): Lizardfolk are humanoids with the reptilian and amphibious subtypes. (0 RP) Medium: As medium-size creatures, lizardfolk have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size. Normal speed: Lizardfolk have a base speed of 30 ft. (0 RP) Swim: Lizardfolk have a Swim speed … Continue reading Homebrew Spotlight: Lizardfolk
Lepi Medium Humanoid (lepi, animalfolk) (12 RP) Racial Traits +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligent or Wisdom (0 RP) Humanoid: Lepi are humanoid with the Lepi subtype. (0 RP) Medium Size: Lepi are medium so have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP) Standard Speed: Lepi have a base speed of 30 feet (0 RP) Lowlight Vision: Lepi can see twice as far as … Continue reading Homebrew Spotlight: Lepi
Lycan Medium monstrous humanoid (shapechanger, lycan, natural) (14 RP) Racial Traits +2 to two physical and -2 to one mental ability score. Lycan are sociable and agile, but often lack common sense. Canines are the most common Lycan, this and alternate choices are in the table below in the clan section; other varieties can be taken with the DMs permission, even water-base creatures. (1 RP) … Continue reading Homebrew Spotlight: Lycan
The Travelers: Nomadic Halflings 9/23/2016 Small humanoid (halfling) (14 RP) Racial Traits +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution or Wisdom, -2 Intelligence. Nomadic Halflings are nimble, hardy and strong-willed. (1 RP) Advanced Dexterity: Nomadic Halflings receive a +2 to Dexterity. They never lose their Dexterity bonus due to age and instead gain 1 point of Dexterity every time they increase in age. This replaces their age related … Continue reading Homebrew Spotlight: The Travelers, Nomadic Halflings
Pixie Swarm Diminutive Fey (Swarm, fey) (20 RP) [NPC] Racial Traits +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength: Pixies are sprightly but feeble. (0 RP) Diminutive: Pixies are Diminutive and gain a +4 size bonus to their AC, a +4 size bonus on attack rolls, a -12 penalty on CMB checks and to their CMD, and a +12 size bonus on Stealth checks. (6 RP) … Continue reading Homebrew Spotlight: Pixie Swarm