Medium monstrous humanoid (shapechanger, lycan, natural) (14 RP)
- +2 to two physical and -2 to one mental ability score. Lycan are sociable and agile, but often lack common sense. Canines are the most common Lycan, this and alternate choices are in the table below in the clan section; other varieties can be taken with the DMs permission, even water-base creatures. (1 RP)
- Type: Lycan are animalistic monstrous humanoids with the shapechanger and lycan subtypes. (3 RP)
- Darkvision: Lycan have darkvision 60 feet, allowing them to see in complete darkness. (1 RP)
- Size: Lycan are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Base Speed: Lycan have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Lycanthropic Empathy: In any form, Lycan can communicate and empathize with animals related to their animal form. They can use Diplomacy to alter such an animal’s attitude, and when so doing gain a +4 racial bonus on the check. (2 RP)
- Beast Senses: Lycan receive a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks. (2 RP)
- Beast Form: All lycan may shift to a single beast form chosen at character creation, that of their base animal. The statistics, natural attacks, size and abilities of the beastform are drawn from those listed for the base animal on the druid’s animal companion list, and advance at the listed level and listed manner that it does, but they do not gain any other level-based advancements as an animal companion might. Any animal on the animal companion list that begins within one size category of the lycans may be chosen.
When transformed, they use the ability scores of the base character or the base animal, whichever ability score is higher. Hit points and saving throws remain those of the base character as modified by the Beast Form’s Constitution, with any extra hit points granted by the change in forms being treated as temporary hit points. Equipment melds with the new form between humanoid and beast form. The shift in forms is a standard action which does not provoke attacks of opportunity, but a lycan can shift to its alternate form as a move-equivalent action which does not provoke attacks of opportunity by making a DC 15 Con check. Lycans may remain transformed for a number of hours per day equal to their Con modifier + character level (minimum 1). This duration does not need to be consecutive, but must be spent in 1 hour increments. (Each change rounds up to the nearest hour. If they change after 10 minutes, that consumes one hour of their time limit; if they changed after an hour and a half, that consumes two hours, and so on. Lycan don’t suffer from the compulsion to transform into beast form when the moon is visible. A slain Lycan reverts to its humanoid form, although it remains dead. (4 RP)
|Animal Type||Ability Adjustment|
|Felis||+2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int|
|Lupin||+2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Wis|
|Porcin||+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Wis|
|Primin||+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Cha|
|Ursus||+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int|
- Clan Traits: Lycan have certain racial traits depending on the clan they belong to: (2 RP)
- Felis (any large cat species):
- Cat’s Luck: Once per day, when a felis makes a Reflex saving throw, they can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. The felis must decide to use this ability before attempting the saving throw.
- Sprinter: Felis gain a +10 ft racial bonus to their speed when using the charge, run or withdraw actions.
- Lupin (any canine species):
- Fast: Lupin gain a +10 ft racial bonus to movement
- Skill Training: Survival and Knowledge (nature) are always considered class skills for lupin.
- Porcin (any pig or boar species):
- Relentless: Porcin gain a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun opponents. This bonus applies while both the porcin and its opponent are standing on the ground.
- Tusks: Porcin have tusks that grow from their lower jaw, giving them a gore natural attack that deals 1d3 damage.
- Primin (any primate species):
- Treetopper: Primin have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants. They do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb or Acrobatics checks while in a tree.
- Brachiation: Primin can move through the upper canopies of jungles and forests with the same ease they move along the ground. They use their Base Speed to move through any heavily forested area without touching the ground by leaping and swinging from tree to tree. Primin can also use this among the rafters of a building, or even stalactites on a cavern ceiling.
- Felis (any large cat species):
- Ursus (any bear species):
- Fearless: Ursus gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear effects,
- Relentless: Ursus gain a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both an Ursus and its opponent are standing on the ground.
- Ursus (any bear species):
- Creature of the Wild: Lycan receive a +2 racial bonus to Survival. (2 RP)
- Natural Hunter: Lycan receive a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks. (2 RP)
- Vulnerability to Wolfsbane: Lycan are especially vulnerable to the poison Wolfsbane, and suffer a -2 on their saves against it, and a -1 saving throws against spells that utilize it as an additional material component. (-2 RP)
- Vulnerability to Silver: Lycan are especially vulnerable to silver. They never apply DR to silver attacks, no matter the source of the DR, and take an additional 1/6 points of damage from any silver source. (-2 RP)
- Xenophobic: Lycan prefer to keep to themselves because of their superiority complex.
- Languages: Lycan and Atlantean. Bonus: Aquan, common, mystran, and goblin. (-1 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Chaos Frenzy: Like barbarians, the Lycan rage, but this rage has somehow altered to reflect their more bestial natures. They are able to chaos frenzy twice daily just like a barbarian of equivalent level. While frenzied, their bodies physically change, gaining a +2 natural armor bonus due to a denser musculature and thickened hide. In addition, they receive +4 to Str, +4 to Con and +5 to Will saves. They also gain darkvision 120 feet, the scent ability, wolf-like (or clan type) fangs, and sharp black claws. Replaces natural hunter racial trait and one clan trait of choice.
- Scent: Some lycan favor a keen sense of smell over sensitive sight. Lycan with this racial trait gain the scent This racial trait replaces the darkvision racial trait.
- Swift as Shadows: Lycan reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving at full speed by 5, and reduce the Stealth check penalty for sniping by 10. Replaces creature of the wild racial trait.
- Moon-touched Damage Resistance: Lycan gain DR 5/silver. Replaces vulnerability to silver plus gains 1 RP.
Alternate Clan Traits
- Desert: These lycan tend to favor a sandy-brown coloration ranging from almost white to light beige. Some have a slight reddish tint. All lycan cans of this environment realize the need for finding food and water is essential. Replace their Clan Racial Traits with this:
- Desert Survivor: Desert lycan gain a +2 racial bonus on Survival checks.
- Mountains: These lycan tend to favor a grey coloration ranging from a pale slate to charcoal. They realize the need for ambush can outweigh the need for speed. Replace their Clan Racial Traits with this:
- Silent Hunter: Mountain Lycan reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a -20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this trait).
- Swamp: These lycan tend to favor a darker coloration ranging from a grey-black to a deep mahogany. Lycan of all clans native to this terrain replace their Clan Racial traits with the following:
- Camouflage: Within forested or marsh terrain, Swamp lycan gain a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks.
- Plagueborn: Swamp lycan gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened.
- Terrain Stride: Fast lycan can choose this trait. The lycan can choose a ranger favored terrain type. They can move through natural difficult terrain at their normal speed while within the chosen terrain. Magically altered terrain affects them normally.
Lycan society is like the Spartans of Greece. They often train their young side by side with the Mu from the Isle of Mystra. Lycan were raised to believe that they are superior to all other races except the Atlanteans. This was artificially instilled in them by their masters and creators of old, the Atlanteans. They grudgingly treat the Mu as near equals, because they were made to fight in the same army in the past (another Atlantean rule). As a result, they either keep to themselves or become conquerors of nearby societies.
No Lycan alive remembers what they were before the Atlanteans forced the change on them. They can appear to be of almost any race or a combination of them. Most look human, but others like elves or halflings. In normal day to day life, they stay in their humanoid form, but in times of danger or training they transform.
A rare few are born as a normal appearing animal that can either shift to human or more commonly their lycan form, but rarely both. The True Alpha is born in their Lycan form and only shift to his human form after a few years of life. Most are born human and shift to their Lycan form at the onset of puberty or adulthood.
All Goblins are hunted for sport and training, they are spread throughout this land.
Other clan types are possible, such as bird, bat, lizard, etc. I will be adding more in the future.