Dinoterran 12 RP
Medium humanoid (saurian, humanoid)
- Flexible: Dinoterrans gain a + 2 to 2 ability scores of choice. (1 RP)
- Medium: Dinoterrans are medium size. (0 RP)
- Type: Dinoterrans are humanoids with the sauran subtype. (0 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Dinoterrans can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Dual Minded: Dinoterrans appear human but they have a separation in their brain that sets them apart (saurian hind brain). This gives them a +2 save vs Will for spells that target humanoids and saurian are only half as effective. (1 RP)
- Standard Speed: Dinoterrans have a standard speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Dinofriend: Because of their dinosaur ancestry they gain a +4 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks with Herbivores. (2 RP)
- Elemental Affinity (skill): All Dinoterrans have an affinity for a certain element when they come of age they are tested (or pick) for this affinity. They gain a +2 racial bonus to a craft or profession skill check. (2 RP)
- Earth: farmer, craftsman, builder, engineer, etc.
- Air: flyer (pteradon, or other flying creature), windmill operator, pilot (blimp, gyrocopter, glider, etc).
- Fire: blacksmith, inventor, scientist, teacher, etc.
- Water: fisherman, sailor, dam operator, plumber, etc.
- Sunstone Bond: All Dinoterrans are attuned to their city’s sunstone. While in the field of this or a satellite stone, they gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC versus carnivores. This bond only stays in effect while following the Bond Code: never eat meat of an intelligent creature (fish and insects don’t count) and only do violence in self-defense or defense of others. (2 RP)
- Healthy: Dinoterrans gain a +4 Fortitude save vs poison and disease because of their diet (vegetarian, with fish and insects) and clean living. (2 RP)
- Skill Training: Dinoterrans gain 2 skills of their choice which are always considered class skills. (1 RP)
- Language: Saurian and Common. Bonus: Draconic, Dwarf, Elven, and Gnome. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Dinoterrans gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their armor class. Replaces dual minded.
- Stubborn: Dinoterrans gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if a Dinoterran fails such a save, they receive another save one round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than one round). The second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the Dinoterran has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind class feature), they can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails. Replaces healthy.
- Fast Healing: Dinoterrans with this ability regain 1 hit point each round. Except for where noted here, fast healing is just like natural healing. Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, nor does allow a creature to regrow lost body parts. Fast healing continues to function (even at negative hit points) until a member of this race guides, at which point the effects of fast healing immediately end. Special: This trait can be taken multiple times. Each time fast healing is taken, its cost increases by 1 RP. Replaces skill training.
The Saurians were a powerful race during the Mage Wars. They sided with the Astralus (Astral Elves) against the Atlanteans. Saurians were extremely gifted with psionics and elemental powers. Many died during the Mage Wars, the few that survived, quickly devolved from an Atlanteans curse or died of old age. Instead of devolving some Saurians (30%) split into humanoids and primitive Saurians/Dinosaurs (full size). A few out of every generation of their descendants is reborn as a strong leader in time of need. When one of these becomes the leader, there is a 20% chance of him/her merging with their other half.