Elf, Astral (14 RP)
Medium Humanoid (elf, planetouched, astral)
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Elves are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and –2 Constitution. (0 RP)
- Size: Elves are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Type: Elves are Humanoids with the elf and planetouched (astral) subtypes. (2 RP)
- Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Astral Heritage: Elves are descended from the Astralus, so gain one Astralus racial trait of choice. (2 RP)
- Base Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks. (2 RP)
- Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects. (2 RP)
- Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items. (3 RP)
- Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon. (2 RP)
- Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Bonus: Atlantean, Celestial, Draconic, Etherian, Gnome, and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Though uncommon, some groups of elves are born with darkvision, rather than low-light vision. In many cases this is taken as a sign of a dark elf (from teranik) in the elf’s ancestry, and can lead to persecution within the elf’s home community. Elves with this racial trait gain darkvision with a range of 60 feet, but also gain sensitivity to light and are dazzled in areas of bright light or within the radius of a daylight spell. This racial trait replaces low-light vision.
- Dragon Magic (3 RP): Some elves have potent draconic blood. Elves with this racial trait who take a draconic bloodline as a class feature treat their Charisma scores as 2 points higher when determining the DC and uses per day of all bloodline abilities and bloodline spells. Additionally, elves with this trait add spells with the draconic descriptor to their class spell lists for any spellcasting classes in which they have levels. Source PPC:LoD
- Dreamspeaker: A few elves have the ability to tap into the power of sleep, dreams, and prescient reverie. Elves with this racial trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs of spells of the divination school and sleep effects they cast. In addition, elves with Charisma scores of 15 or higher may use dream once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level is equal to the elf’s character level). This racial trait replaces elven immunities.
- Fey Magic: The character has a mystic connection to one terrain type, selected from the ranger’s favored terrain list. The character selects three 0-level druid spells and one 1st-level druid spell. If the character has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, when in the selected terrain, she gains these spells as spell-like abilities that can be cast once per day. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user’s character level. The DC for the spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the user’s Charisma modifier. These spells are treated as being from a fey source for the purposes of the druid’s resist nature’s lure class feature and similar abilities. This trait replaces keen senses. Source HotW
- Light against Darkness: Elves have fought against the corruption of demons since time immemorial. Elves with this trait receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against outsiders with the demon subtype. This racial trait replaces elven magic. Source PRG:HA
Elves are the fallen children of the Astralus that lost their astral nature as a result of the Mage Wars. They are the younger cousins/descendants of the Astralus and live on the island of Avalonia between Atlantia and Anthroporia. They are taught from birth how their ancestors and the Atlanteans fought the Mage Wars.