Wild Elf (12 RP)
Small Humanoid (elf)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence. (0 RP)
- Type: Wild Elves are humanoids with the elf subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Wild Elves gain darkvision up to 60’. (2 RP)
- Small: Wild Elves gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Wild Elves have a speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Animal Bond: Wild Elves bond at birth; this gives them telepathy and empathy with other wild elves and their pack. Animals from their homeland can be chosen (rideable). Common choices: wolf, large cat, badger, fox, etc). Because of this bond, wild elves gain Track as a bonus feat and their \lifespan is shortened to twice human common lifespan. At birth a Wild Elf bonds with a chosen animal. (2 RP)
- Woodcraft: Wild Elves know the deep secrets of the wild like no others, especially secrets of nature. They gain a +1 racial bonus to acrobatics, climb, knowledge (nature) or survival. In their favored terrain this bonus improve to +2. (2 RP)
- Terrain Stride: In their chosen terrain, Wild Elves gain the ability to move naturally through difficult terrain. (1 RP)
- Pulse of the Wild: Wild elves can read signs and listen to the voices of the wilds and animal inhabitants of their forest homeland (or terrain where they are born). When traveling outdoors in the chosen terrain they gain a bonus to Perception equal to their Wisdom bonus. They add half this bonus to Wild Empathy checks. (2 RP)
- Stalker: Wild Elves gain Perception and Stealth as class skills. (1 RP)
- Tree Stepper Wild elves take to the trees at an early age, they are surefooted and agile climbers. They can move through the tree-tops with ease. In dense forests, they can move at base speed. In lightly forested areas, they move at half speed. Wild Elves are so at home in the trees that they gain 20 feet Climb speed, +8 bonus to the climb skill and don’t lose their Dexterity bonus to AC while using the acrobatics or climb skill checks. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Balance skill checks while wearing light or no armor. (2 RP)
- Language: Elven and Common. Bonus: Atlantean, Centaur, Dwarf, Halfling, and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Wild Elves gain a +1 to their Armor Class. Replaces stalker.
- Scent: Wild Elves gain the scent ability. Replaces pulse of the wild.
- Bite: Wild Elves gain a bite attack, 1d2 + Strength modifier to damage. Replaces terrain stride.
- Silent Hunter: Wild Elves are renowned for their subtlety and skill. Elves with this racial trait reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this racial trait). Replaces woodcraft.
- Hide in Plain Sight: While in his favored terrain, a wild elf gains +2 to his Stealth check and can use the Stealth skill even while being observed. Replaces stalker.
- Wild Talent: The Wild Elf chooses one, 0 level arcane, divine spell or psionic ability; at 10th level a second ability may be chosen. This ability can be used as a standard action, 2/day +1 per day/half Wisdom modifier.
The following feats are available to a wild elf character who meets the prerequisites.
- Attuned to the Wild
- Breadth of Experience
- Elven Accuracy
- Elven Battle Training
- Guardian of the Wild
- Leaf Singer
- Light Step
- Mage of the Wild
- Spirit of the Wild
- Stabbing Shot
Wild elves are rarely seen by others, because they live in the heart of thick forests and have incredible skill at keeping hidden. Their skin tends to be dark brown, and their hair ranges from black to light brown, lightening to silvery white with age. Wild elves are a very reclusive race and prefer to be with their own kind in the deep forests.
They often cover their skin in tattoos or ritual scaring. Their housing, clothing, weapons and equipment look primitive but are well-made.