This is my own adaptation of Kid Icarus from the Nintendo games. I merged my own sky gnomes with the garuda-blooded to create this amalgamation.
Icaran (12 RP)
Small Humanoid (gnome, celestial, plumekin, garuda-blooded. outsider [native] )
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom -2 Intelligence: Icarans are quick and nimble, and wise but not intelligent. They are easygoing and good-natured, but can act rashly. (0 RP)
- Small: Icarans are are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Icarans have a base speed of 20 feet. (-1 RP)
- Flight: Icaran’s inherited wings from their Garudan ancestor. They have a flight speed of 30 feet and an average maneuverability. (4 RP)
- Lowlight vision: Icarans can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Keen Senses: Icarans receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Naturally Stealthy: Icarans can attempt to hide even when they are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than them (this also can be used in fog, clouds and with rocks of the appropriate size). (2 RP)
- Racial Weapon: Icarans inherited some of their celestial ancestor’s prowess with the bow. Icarans gain a +2 trait bonus on attack rolls made to confirm critical hits with bows. (2 RP)
- Evade Fall: Icarans take ½ damage from falling, and any lethal damage changes to subdual damage in low gravity areas. (2 RP)
- Languages: Gnome and Common. Bonus: Auran, Celestial, Draconic, and Elven. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Feather Fall: Icaran’s gain the ability of feather fall as the spell, 1/day per 6 levels. Replaces evade fall.
- Breeze Kissed, lesser: Icaran’s are surrounded by swirling winds, gaining a +2 racial bonus to AC against nonmagical ranged attacks. They can calm or renew these winds as a swift action. Replaces racial weapon.
- Sky Sentinel: Icaran’s gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls, a +2 dodge bonus to AC, and a +2 bonus on Perception checks against flying creatures. In addition, enemies on higher ground gain no attack roll bonus against them. Replaces naturally stealthy.
- Snake Hater: Icarans loath serpents and other slithering monsters, study them extensively. Thus gain a +2 trait bonus on Knowledge (dungeoneering) checks and Knowledge (dungeoneering) is always a class skill. Replaces evade fall.
Icarans are noble but impetuous birdlike celestials, and most garuda-blooded icarans grow graceful feathers during puberty. The majority of these icarans have shimmering wings; the wings can be of virtually any shade, ranging from metallic colors to muted hues to pure white, or rarely, glossy black. Icarans are sometimes born with taloned fingers or toes, and occasionally amber eyes like those of an eagle.
Like their celestial ancestors, icarans tend to take action at the spur of the moment when their abilities seem needed. Icarans rush into the heat of battle to face off against evildoers, only stopping to ask questions afterward. Icarans often have an extreme hatred for nagas and other snakelike creatures, a racial disdain no doubt stemming back to their garuda forebears.
Icarans were a reclusive gnome tribe that was rediscovered after the Mage Wars. They had fled Aquatica to the Plane of Air under the protection of Garuda; with the coming of the Atlanteans and their experiments.
Icarans share the Skylands with the Sky Gnomes and are often found on other high places throughout Aquatica. They love high, wide open spaces and hate being in confined areas.