Flowerling 12 RP
Small Fey (fey)
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength (0 RP)
- Fey: Flowerlings are plant-like creatures with supernatural abilities and connections to nature with the Fey subtype. (2 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Flowerlings can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Small: Flowerlings are small creatures gain a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Slow Speed: Flowerlings have a movement of 20 feet, (-1 RP)
- Spores (sleep): Flowerlings gain the ability to put opponents asleep. At Will, as the sleep spell. (1 RP)
- Commune with Nature: Flowerlings choose 1 from the following abilities (2 RP):
- Sense Water: Flowerlings can sense water 1 mile away, +1 mile/3 levels. They can also sense if the water is clean or poisoned.
- Plant Growth (minor): Flowerlings gain the ability to cast a minor version of plant growth (as spell). The range is reduced to touch or 10 ft +10 ft/level, the area is equal to the range. This ability can be reversed as diminish plants.
- Whispering Wind: Flowerlings gain the ability to use whispering wind to talk to each other and nearby plants at will (as spell). Range 1 mile/level, area 10 ft radius. The message is limited to 25 words.
- Mending (natural): Flowerlings can mend (as spell) natural objects, this also heals plants 1d4 hp/level. Range 10 ft, 1 object of up to 1 lb/level, Will saving throw negates.
- Take Root: Flowerlings gain the ability to take root 2/day to heal injuries as normal healing from sleep. (2 RP)
- Woodland Stride (forest): Flowerlings gain the ability woodland stride, to move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at their normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect them. (2 RP)
- Camouflage, greater: Flowerlings are able to appear as any flowering plant/shrub of their size or a group of smaller plants. While in flower form, they can observe all that transpires around them just as if they were in their normal form and their hit points and save bonuses remain unaffected. They gain a +10 natural armor bonus to AC but have an effective Dexterity score of 0 and a speed of 0 feet. They are immune to critical hits while in flower form. All clothing and gear carried or worn changes with them. They can dismiss flower shape as a free action (instead of as a standard action). (4 RP)
- Language: Treespeach and Common. Bonus: Elven, Halfling, Gnome and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Thorn Growth: Flowerlings gain a +1 racial bonus to AC and 1d4 damage (as armor spikes). Replaces camouflage, greater.
- Quills: Flowerlings grow quills and gain the ability to launch them 20’ away (as dart), 1d4 damage. Replaces commune with nature.
- Life Infusion (heal): Flowerlings gain the ability to heal 1d6 of damage 1/day + Wisdom modifier. Replaces spores (sleep).
- Color Spray (burst): Flowerlings gain the ray ability of color spray (as the spell). This is a cone-shaped burst, Will save negates. Creatures that fail become stunned, blinded or fall unconscious. Replaces woodland stride.
Flowerlings are a small fey race and a very friendly people. They all have a small frill circling their neck that looks like a flower from the area, their skin comes in varying shades of green. Their hair can be any shade of their flower frill. They have a short lifespan, 1/4 that of humans.
Flowerlings live in meadows and light forests. They rarely travel far from where they sprouted. Tending to plants near them (grow/heal). Mating is done like flowers (flowers and pollen), the young start as seeds that can be carried far afield to begin new flowerling meadows; a cutting can also be planted to save a dying flowerling.
They are terrified of fire. Most are peaceful pacifists that rarely argue or raise their voices (except when singing), but will defend their home, family and innocents in need.