Quetzl-Nagara (11 RP)
Medium Outsider (native outsider, reptilian, air)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Quetzl are much more flexible than other races, but due to their appearance and their serpent nature they don’t seem to make a lot of friends amongst the humanoids. (0 RP)
- Medium: Quetzl are considered medium creatures. (0 RP)
- Outsider: Quetzl are considered to be outsiders (air). Thus have the darkvision 60 ft trait. (3 RP)
- Speed: Quetzl can slither at 30 ft. per round. (0 RP)
- Breeze-Kissed: Quetzl are surrounded by swirling winds, gaining a +2 racial bonus to AC against nonmagical ranged attacks. They can calm or renew these winds as a swift action. Once per day, quetzl can channel this wind into a single gust, making a bull rush or trip combat maneuver attempt against one creature within 30 feet. Doing so exhaust the user’s breeze-kissed ability for 24 hours. This is a supernatural ability. (4 RP)
- Flight: Quetzl have a fly speed of 30 feet with clumsy maneuverability. This trait can be taken more than once. For each additional 2 RP spent, the races fly speed increases by +10 feet, and the maneuverability improves by one step. (4 RP)
- Limbless: Quetzl have no legs, and therefore cannot be tripped. (-2 RP)
- Bite: All Quetzl have long, serpentine fangs they can unfold from the roof of their mouth to make a bite attack at an enemy. This is a primary natural attack that deals 1d4 points of damage plus its strength. A Quetzl may use this attack in addition to other attacks during a full attack. (1 RP)
- Prehensile Tail: Members of this race have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action. (2 RP)
- Languages: Quetzl can speak Draconic and Common. Quetzl with higher intelligence or the proper training can learn to speak Auran, gnome, elvish, and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Frightful Gaze: Quetzl gain the following supernatural ability: Creatures within 30 feet of a member of this race that meet its gaze must succeed at a Will saving throw (DC 10 + the 1/2 user’s character level + the user’s Charisma modifier) or stand paralyzed in fear for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. A target that successfully saves cannot be affected by the user’s frightful gaze for 24 hours. Preplaces Breeze-kissed and Prehensile Tail.
- Natural Climbers: Quetzl have a climb speed of 30 feet, and may take 10 on climb checks even when distracted or threatened and have a +8 bonus to climb checks. Replaces Darkvision.
- Slapping Tail: The quetzl have a tail they can use to make attacks of opportunity with a reach of 5 feet. The tail is a natural attack that deals 1d8 points of damage plus the quetzl’s Strength modifier. Replaces Prehensile Tail.
- Tripping Tail: Quetzl can hit with their slapping tails, so they can choose make a trip attack as a free action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Replaces Prehensile Tail.
A quetzl’s appearance varies, the feathers are often rainbow colored (red, yellow, blue, green, etc). They have a snake head and body, with feathered wings; sometimes even small hands and feet.