Marindaga (11 RP)
Medium Humanoid (humanoid, aquatic, naga)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma and -2 Constitution, Marindaga are graceful, hale, and beautiful. (0 RP)
- Medium: Marindaga have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Base Speed (Slow): Marindaga have a base speed of 10 feet. (-2 RP)
- Swim Speed: They have a swim speed of 50 feet. (2 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Marindaga can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. (0 RP)
- Amphibious: Marindaga are amphibious and can breathe both air and water. (2 RP)
- Hardy: Marindaga are hardy against their own poisonous bites, which can happen during mating rituals. They gain a +2 bonus to saving throws vs. most poisons. (3 RP)
- Bite: All Marindaga have long, serpentine fangs they can unfold from the roof of their mouth to make a bite attack at a enemy. This is a primary natural attack that deals 1d4 points of damage plus its strength modifier and inflicts a poison if the attack is successful (see below). A Marindaga may use this attack in addition to other attacks during a full attack. (2 RP)
- Poison (Ex): Bite—injury; save Fort (DC 10 + 1/2 Marindaga hit dice + con bonus); frequency 1/round for 1 round per con modifier (minimum 1); effect 1d2 Wis damage; cure 1 save. A Marindaga may only inflict its poison on a enemy once per hour.
- Natural Armor: +2 natural armor bonus. (4 RP)
- Legless: Marindaga have no legs, and therefore cannot be tripped. (0 RP)
- Languages: Marindaga begin play speaking Common and Draconic. Marindaga with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aquan, Elven, Merfolk and Sylvan.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Darkvision Some Marindaga favor the lightless depths over shallower waters. Marindaga with this racial trait gain darkvision with a range of 60 feet and light sensitivity. This racial trait replaces low-light vision.
- Seasinger The beautiful voices of the Marindaga are legendary. A seasinger gains a +2 racial bonus on Perform (sing) checks and a +1 racial bonus to the save DC of language-dependent spells. This racial trait replaces low-light vision.
- Secret Magic: Marindaga sometimes manifest magical powers they are unwilling to explain to non- Marindaga, leading scholars to speculate that the magic originates from the Marindaga’s rumored eldritch patrons. Such Marindaga have only a 40-foot swim speed, but they add +1 to the DC of any enchantment spells they cast, and if they have a Charisma score of 13 or higher, they gain the ability to cast the following spell-like abilities: At will–speak with animals (aquatic animals only); 1/day— fins to feet (self only), hydraulic push. This racial trait replaces the natural armor racial trait and alters the Marindaga movement speed. Source PCS:ISR
- Strongtail A few Marindaga have broad, strong tails that are more suited for land travel than the typical Marindaga tail. Marindaga with this racial trait have a land speed of 15 feet and a swim speed of 30 feet.