Lamia (11 RP)
Medium Monstrous Humanoid (monstrous humanoid, reptilian)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom. Lamia are incredible agile and fast, both in body and emotions. They are a free-spirited and openly emotional people as a whole, but their whimsical nature grates on others and their emotional outbursts tend to get them into trouble. (0 RP)
- Medium: Lamia are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size (0 RP)
- Monstrous Humanoid: Lamia are considered to be monstrous humanoids. (3 RP)
- Lamia have the lowlight vision 60 ft.
- Normal Speed: Lamia have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Swim: Lamia have a swim speed of 30 feet, and gains the +8 racial bonus on Swim checks that the swim speed normally grants. (2 RP)
- Legless: Yuan-ti have no legs, and therefore cannot be tripped. (-2 RP)
- Keen Senses: Lamia receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks. (2 RP)
- Bite: All lamia have long, serpentine fangs they can unfold from the roof of their mouth to make a bite attack at a enemy. This is a primary natural attack that deals 1d4 points of damage plus its strength modifier and inflicts a poison if the attack is successful (see below). A lamia may use this attack in addition to other attacks during a full attack.
- Poison (Ex): Bite—injury; save Fort (DC 10 + 1/2 lamia hit dice + con bonus); frequency 1/round for 1 round per con modifier (minimum 1); effect 1d2 Wis damage; cure 1 save. A lamia may only inflict its poison on an enemy once per hour. (3 RP)
- Lamia Immunities: Lamia are immune to their own poison and that of other lamia, and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against all other types of natural poison. (2 RP)
- Weapon Familiarity: Lamia are proficient with short-spears, long-spears, spears, javelins, halberds and treat any weapon with the word “lamia” in its name as a martial weapon. (1 RP)
- Languages: Lamia speak Draconic and Common. Lamia with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Elven, Lycan, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Climb: Lamia have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gains the +8 racial bonus on Climb that the climb speed normally grants. Replaces natural swimmer.
- Keen Vision: The lamia gains improved low-light vision, and they may now see four times as far as a human in such conditions. Replaces lowlight vision.
- Improved Keen Vision: The lamia gains dark-vision, out to a range of 60 feet. Dark-vision is black and white only, but a lamia can operate perfectly fine in complete darkness. Replaces lowlight vision or keen senses.
- Lamia Chosen: They are one of the rare few chosen lamia born with additional arms, openly viewed as a living blessing of the gods and destined for greatness. They gain an additional set of arms and hands. These arms and hands may be used to wield weapons and objects just like their primary arms with ease so they qualify for the multi-attack and multi-dexterity feats. Replaces swim and keen senses.
- Scent: The lamia’s natural senses are sharper than their other kin, and they can smell the blood and sweat of others like a true predator with a flick of your tongue. They gain the scent ability out to 30 feet which grants a +4 bonus to survival checks to track when using scent, and a +2 bonus to scent-based Perception checks. Replaces bite and weapon familiarity.
- Shadowscale: The lamia is one of the rare few chosen lamia born with scales capable of catching the light and surroundings to become nearly invisible. The scales along their body makes them go into a chameleon like state. The lamia gains the effects of invisibility, as the spell, usable at will as a standard action – except that a enemy may make a perception check, DC (10 + 1/2 lamia’s hit dice + lamia’s con modifier) to sense their position clearly for 1 round if the lamia is within 30 feet of the observer, thus negating all benefits gained by invisibility used against that observer for that round, such as concealment. Like the spell, any action that would normally break the spell also breaks this invisibility. This is an extraordinary ability. Replaces bite and racial immunities.
- Thick Scales: The lamia was born with thicker than average scales, and many patches of scales appear on their back, arms, and chest where no scales are supposed to be. Due to this quirk of birth, this lamia is more resilient than the rest of its kin gains a +2 natural armor bonus to AC. Replaces swim.