Nagan (11 RP)
Medium Aberration (aberration, reptilian)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Naga are much more flexible than other races, but due to their appearance and their serpent nature they don’t seem to make a lot of friends amongst the humanoids. (0 RP)
- Medium: Naga are considered medium creatures. (0 RP)
- Aberration: Naga are considered to be aberrations. Thus have the Darkvision 60 ft trait. (3 RP)
- Speed: Naga can slither at 30 ft. per round. (0 RP)
- Legless/Limbless: Naga have no legs, and therefore cannot be tripped. (-2 RP)
- Natural Climbers: Naga have a climb speed of 30 feet, and may take 10 on climb checks even when distracted or threatened and have a +8 bonus to climb checks. (2 RP)
- Hardy: Naga are hardy against their own poisonous bites, which can happen during mating rituals. They gain a +2 bonus to saving throws vs. all natural poisons. (3 RP)
- Poisonous Bite: All naga can bite for 1d3 damage. Their fangs can inject poison, usually a neurotoxin, that causes paralysis. Paralytic Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + the 1/2 user’s Hit Dice + the user’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save. The poison can be modified with certain feats. (3 RP)
- Prehensile Tail: Members of this race have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action. (2 RP)
- Languages: Naga can speak Draconic and Common Bonus: Nagas with higher intelligence or the proper training can learn to speak, Terran, Dwarven, Elvish, and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Hypnotic Gaze: Some naga gain the following supernatural ability: Once per day, a member of this race can attempt to hypnotize a single target as per the spell hypnotism (caster level equal to its character level). The effects of the hypnotic gaze last only 1 round. This replaces poisonous bite and hardy.
- Frightful Gaze: Naga gain the following supernatural ability: Creatures within 30 feet of a member of this race that meet its gaze must succeed at a Will saving throw (DC 10 + the 1/2 user’s character level + the user’s Charisma modifier) or stand paralyzed in fear for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. A target that successfully saves cannot be affected by the user’s frightful gaze for 24 hours. This replaces prehensile tail and poisonous bite.
- Slapping Tail: The naga have a tail they can use to make attacks of opportunity with a reach of 5 feet. The tail is a natural attack that deals 1d8 points of damage plus the naga’s Strength modifier. This replaces prehensile tail.
- Tripping Tail: Naga can hit with their slapping tails, so they can choose make a trip attack as a free action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. This replaces poisonous bite or hardy.
- Poison Use: Some naga are skilled with poison and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves when applying it to weapons. This replaces the Poisonous bite (which becomes a standard bite) trait.
The Nagans appearance varies widely. Any species of snake may be used, as well as a snake or humanoid head.